Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fall planting

I planted 3 apple trees this past weekend. A Macintosh, Honey Crisp, and Granny Smith. We have a great local farm stand and nursery, and lucky me, trees and shrubs were half off! We went apple picking this weekend also (Macintosh), and a) boy were the delicious right off the tree and b) boy were there a ton of apples on each tree! Probably hundreds on each tree. My husband is trying to temper my expectations of our mini orchard (he's right!) but a girl can dream, can't she?!

I also planted a blueberry bush, mint, daisies, and a Hydrangea bush that my 8 year old wanted. How do I say know to a boy asking for plants? I don't! We need to get some mulch, but otherwise they look pretty good, as they hunker down in anticipation of winter. But first, we must all get through a summer surge: temps in the 90's are expected tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment